Tea Olive Propagation?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
As I have grown older, the smell of the tea olive has also grown in my favor. I have a few about the property, and in zone 8a I want to ask about about the best method for multiplication of my current plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As I have grown older, the smell of the tea olive has also grown in my favor. I have a few about the property, and in zone 8a I want to ask about about the best method for multiplication of my current plants?
Take cuttings during the early winter and stick them into peat or perlite.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Specifically where should one cut for best success?
If cut during the first part of winter cut the oldest of the new growth because as an evergreen the required cuttings should be semi-hardwood. Make the cuttings about 8-10" long. Remove the leaves from the bottom of the cutting leaving a few leaves on the top. Dip in rooting hormone and stick in a moist container of mixed peat and perlite in a sunny location. I prefer to place cuttings in a clear plastic container just to see if it works. It will take a minimum of a month, probably longer.
If you want a bush place 2 or 3 cuttings together in a container.

Ask a Question