Does it matter when you harvest your herbs?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few different herbs I am looking forward to harvesting and drying so I can get a head start. There are Bonnie transplants that have been planted in pots few weeks ago. Does it matter when I harvest these for drying?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Harvest when you want! Herbs like a nice haircut now and then. I've been harvesting and freezing parsley for about a month, and will be doing basil this week.
Just don't mow the herbs down--cut the most mature stems and leave some of the plant to rejuvenate itself.
What herbs do you have?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It doesn't matter when you harvest them:) I harvest my herbs whenever I want to. I also do this if they grow too big, because I don't have much space.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Herbs should be harvested during the dry season or when the weather is at least dry. The active principles in these herbs called alkaloids are at an optimum concentration during this time and reduction of moisture through drying will enhance their fragrance and potency.

Ask a Question