Does anyone still use a push power?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
We don't have one of those, but sometimes I've actually wondered if it would be easier than one with a motor for a small area! I mean, provided the grass wasn't getting too long then I think it would be kind of convenient to just use a push mower as opposed to worrying about servicing and fueling up one with a motor!

Reaction score
In my home country we had a lawn in our garden but it is not that wide that is why we had not experienced using a push mower. My mother instead had a gardener who is helping her in maintaining our garden and that man is trimming our lawn manually.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Therea are few lawn mowers here and I have yet to see a motorized one. The manual lawn mower is still in fashion that is mostly used by gardeners hired by rich people here. I remember in our former home, there was a gardener for hire with a lawn mower that he uses for his job contracts that are mostly the big lawns of big houses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
For most of my 3 acres I use the ridding mower, and we are on our second one now. (after 20 years our first gave up the ghost). And the push mower is used to get under certain bushes and around close to plants that the ridding can't get close enough.. When I really want to be anal I get out the weed wacker and walk around with that thing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used to use a push mower, but my yard is so big that I had to switch to a riding mower. I don't regret it because it's easier on my back, but I sometimes miss being able to get a closer cut around my house and shed. It's much harder to do with one that you ride.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We really do need our push mower. The ridding one cannot get to all the areas, and the weed wacker gets tired after a while. So much easier to do the nooks and under things with a push mower. Just push it under stuff and it wacks away, for a nice clean look.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use a push mower and to my surprise, my kids love using the push mower! When we had a gas mower, they always complained about the gas smell and I fell in love with how lightweight it is. Since my yard isn't that huge, it didn't bother me to give it a try. In the beginning, I was concerned with how well it would cut compared to the grass mower, but my mower really does a fantastic job!

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Push mowers are the predominant form of equipment in my region because the lawns are usually small in size. Even if the gardens are large, people prefer to use the element of time to cultivate. A push tractor is a recent innovation in our zone which is motor operated and enables farmers to cover larger areas with relatively less effort.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I still use a push mower actually I have a motorized one and a turn one. I use them depending on wear I am cutting the grass. I find it easier to handle the turn one some times becasue of its size then the motorized one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
No, I have over an acre to cut, and it is uneven terrain too. I bought a used riding lawn mower 5 or 6 years ago, and I consider it to be one of the best purchases I ever made honestly. It is so much easier than using a push mower whic was total torture in hot weather. The rider makes it almost fun to cut the grass, although it is still a chore.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
I still see a lot of people using those around my neighborhood, however, I do not really use it because my garden is not too big, but I was considering the idea of buying a little one to make it easier for me when it comes to cutting the lawn and that sort of thing, it's really useful when you do not have enough time to cut it with scissors.

Ask a Question