Does anyone know what this tree is and what it's worth?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have three of these on my land, all of which are over 30' tall and 15' or more around. I'm guessing they are old growth cedar. Does anyone know what they are worth?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Where do you live, and can you repost with photos as none showed up in your original post?

Reaction score
Country
United States

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 249
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
looks like a red cedar to me and if so it would more than likely take more money to remove and process it than you would get. It is probably hollow

Logan L. Johnson

Caldwell Home & Garden
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
NC Zone 7A
Country
United States
I am not sure which you are referring to. The eastern red cedar (thuja occidentalis) looks to be a tree that has died and fallen.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's super old and it is hollow
I was told it might be worth some money

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's super old and it is hollow
I was told it might be worth some money

Who told you this?
And why are you not believing them (if you were, you'd be going about the business of selling your dead trees for profit, not asking for confirmation on a message board. ) Am I wrong?
So why do you not trust this person who told you these trees might be worth something?

I think that is the big question, here. Surely you have qualified or interested people to ask, right in your region?

Around here, even choice old-growth hardwoods go for under $200 a full cord, delivered. Cherry, walnut, oak etc. Dime a dozen on craigslist in winter, for burning in fireplaces.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know in the past when I have tried to harvest trees, I was told that most people would not be interested in hauling out trees unless it was a large tract. It is hard to get small growers to haul out just a few trees. You could check with people in your area though as to what the tree would be worth. If the tree is indeed dead, it is likely worthless as others have said.

Ask a Question