image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Here some pics let me know what u think ;(

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Maybe give it some sun and provide much less water? Are the roots rotted? Your post was from friday, how is the plant doing now?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maybe try to change the soil? Sometimes it helps.
Your palm tree is beautiful and very big. I hope it will get better soon. Please keep us posted.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have tried to grow palm trees and have had no success. I could never figure out what I kept doing wrong. Sorry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
It looks like an Areca palm to me. I have never grown one inside, but have 3 in the garden, one over 10 years old. They naturally drop fronds and the fronds (some of them) naturally turn yellow. It doesn't necessarily mean it is dying. I believe i have heard them referred to as "golden palms" because of their frequent yellow leaves. As i say i have never grown them inside, but fluctuations in temperatures can be a problem. They don't like cold weather, and over-watering can be a problem. During the rainy season i never give them water, during the dry season i might water them once a month. But that will not necessarily apply to your plant and it will probably need water more than once a month, but i would keep it on the dry side. It may just be outgrowing its container. In nature these palms can become as tall as a two storey house, so they are always wanting to grow.

Ask a Question