Do you like the garden claw?

Reaction score
I have thought about buying a garden claw to make transplanting in my yard easier. Do is work and is it worth the price?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Chuck, I think that a garden claw looks like this:
open-uri20130816-17199-q49e5f.

My parents have this tool. I used it maybe once or twice, I don't really need it. I prefer using a regular shovel, it's more convenient for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Chuck, I think that a garden claw looks like this:
open-uri20130816-17199-q49e5f.

My parents have this tool. I used it maybe once or twice, I don't really need it. I prefer using a regular shovel, it's more convenient for me.
I think I would save the money and buy a bag or two of good compost.

Reaction score
upload_2014-4-28_9-12-47.jpeg

This is a garden claw. You stick it in the ground and twist to make a hole. Shovels make my back hurt because of the stooping over. I am short so this should be about the right height for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
View attachment 2640
This is a garden claw. You stick it in the ground and twist to make a hole. Shovels make my back hurt because of the stooping over. I am short so this should be about the right height for me.
Now this I can see. Does it remove the dirt and make a hole or just loosen it? I might just have to get one of these

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
View attachment 2640
I've never seen a tool like this. I had no idea that it's called 'a garden claw' too. I'd like to have it. It seems very useful!:) Is it expensive?

Reaction score
I like the Claw for a variety of purposes, its especially good with crab grass and other horizontal rooting weeds. I have the basic hand tool model and have been using it for years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I like the look of the broadfork! Never heard of it before!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I also like the looks of the Broadfork and I also never heard of it but will look into finding one. I have a space I need to clear but I don't have a shovel and I do not want to do alot of bending.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I believe it is a useful tool, and for people with back pain, it is perfect to have. Save your back from bending and stiffness..

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The broadfork goes back many centuries. I love old style tools. They were designed really well.

Last edited:

Ask a Question