Do you keep on mowing your grass, as much as you keep up with your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
In my case, I mow the grass when its needed. Last year, that was every other day. This year, its not been cut for a few weeks. A drought has seen to that!

By needed I mean when the longest grass needs about 1/4 to 1/3 of its length removing to get it to the height I prefer. The cuttings are never collected, but allowed to stay in their mulched form where they land.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've actually raised the level of the blade of my Flymo to the middle position. I'm only mowing once a week at the moment. But I'm watering everything every night.

I'm up-rating my leaky hose system. At the moment I'm using a thirty year-old Hoselock mechanical water valve which you can set to pass various gallonages of water through it and it then shuts itself off.

But I've just ordered one of these. They're battery operated. You can set it to come on at a particular time or multiple times during the day, every day, two days, or seven days.
For thirty quid, it's going to be another "set and forget" addition.

s-l500.jpg

Here's the video

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I've actually raised the level of the blade of my Flymo to the middle position. I'm only mowing once a week at the moment. But I'm watering everything every night.

I'm up-rating my leaky hose system. At the moment I'm using a thirty year-old Hoselock mechanical water valve which you can set to pass various gallonages of water through it and it then shuts itself off.

But I've just ordered one of these. They're battery operated. You can set it to come on at a particular time or multiple times during the day, every day, two days, or seven days.
For thirty quid, it's going to be another "set and forget" addition.

View attachment 39404

Here's the video

Our neighbors occasionally leave their sprinklers running as do we. It is hard to know when to shut one off because of deep watering techniques.

Ask a Question