Do you keep on mowing your grass, as much as you keep up with your garden?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes we live in town. If our grass isn't cut we get a fine. I like the look of a well manicured lawn anyway. So we cut it a couple times a week. Not much of a lawn though, it only takes about 10 minutes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
have shade so grass grows slowly. cut it when it is past my ankles normally. so nope keep up with gardens more than lawn. but do have a lot to cut when I finally do get at it.

When a poster with 2400 posts and as many likes misses the date stamp I will not only say @zigs @Becky fix the date viewability but I will also reply. I have found the same fungi and bacteria affecting my grass as I have my garden. In fact I believe it is an easier thing for fungi to attack grass and vector to my garden. I cut the grass to avoid and dry out the fungal attack surrounding my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
When a poster with 2400 posts and as many likes misses the date stamp I will not only say @zigs @Becky fix the date viewability but I will also reply.
it was sitting at the bottom, under the line "similar threads" so answered it. don't pay attention to the date.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
When a poster with 2400 posts and as many likes misses the date stamp I will not only say @zigs @Becky fix the date viewability

What do you have in mind? I presume you are referring to this recent topic, but that was in relation to more recent timestamps (ie when it says 'Yesterday' or '45 minutes ago'). It's a difficult one from our point of view - we can't force people to pay attention to timestamps, and if it was made more prominent then it would stand out more than the rest of the post (which wouldn't be ideal).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What do you have in mind? I presume you are referring to this recent topic, but that was in relation to more recent timestamps (ie when it says 'Yesterday' or '45 minutes ago'). It's a difficult one from our point of view - we can't force people to pay attention to timestamps, and if it was made more prominent then it would stand out more than the rest of the post (which wouldn't be ideal).

I read zigs response and it occured to me that perhaps a bolder or larger or colored font could be used in the current field or perhaps if the code for the field were moved, it might display at least the year to save space on title only lines or be part of the title when the similiar subjects pop up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I read zigs response

I'm not sure which response you are referring to, do you mean Ian's response? Also are you only referring to the time/date at the top of the page, not in each post?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I'm not sure which response you are referring to, do you mean Ian's response? Also are you only referring to the time/date at the top of the page, not in each post?
Whups I meant Ian. I believe it was in a post where SeniorCitizen was on the same subject again and then I ran across this thread being revived. Like Esther says it is a relevant subject however. Now please realize I am almost exclusively on mobile web, and I know that code often gets reduced, but below this post is a link to similiar threads that have nothing but titles. It does draw one into thinking it is a live discussion rather than a preservation from history. Obviously when you click one you can see the date unless it is a long post, in which case you cannot see the date. It does take some work to get around to a current conversation without a date flag. It still happens to me too; Esther just got caught in one so I mentioned it to her since she works very hard on precision.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Interesting @DirtMechanic . Don't see myself as getting caught anywhere. If I note a subject, however hanging out there or ongoing current and I believe I can add to it, it, then so be it. we have lots of "new member" that start thus there is lots of good information here, perhaps put on pause, that should be revived. What bothers me more, is if a same thread is started by a new member (not their fault) and there has been some great discussion about it already. Why re-invent the wheel .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Interesting @DirtMechanic . Don't see myself as getting caught anywhere. If I note a subject, however hanging out there or ongoing current and I believe I can add to it, it, then so be it. we have lots of "new member" that start thus there is lots of good information here, perhaps put on pause, that should be revived. What bothers me more, is if a same thread is started by a new member (not their fault) and there has been some great discussion about it already. Why re-invent the wheel .
I agree. On the other side, I read a novel of a post on the subject of my mower transmission. It was thorough, took several days to read at the page length and I left more knowledgeable because every broad topic was brought into the thesis of one particular transmission repair. Either way is fine to me as long as it is searchable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I love my grass...its a plant to you know....without it I feel there is no garden...its sets the canvas for everything else.
Wither it be tidy or meadow like thats up to the individual...I stand firmly in the tidy court....I aerate, scarify, weed and feed the grass (I wouldn't call it a lawn) and I have to cut it every other day. Why..well I use an old hand push rotary mower and if it gets too long it snags up...but its only a small patch so I can have it done in 15mins. I do everything by hand no mechanical or electrical aids...I feel electric mowers and the likes of pull the goodness out of the grass so a simple lightweight mower suits my situation...leaving me plenty of time for other things :ROFLMAO:

BeforeAfter Collage.jpg

Ask a Question