Do you keep a gardening journal?

Reaction score
I think I need to but I haven't sat down yet and cataloged the various plants I've grown, what is required of different types of plants, soil mixtures I've used, fertilizers, and outcomes of plant growth. Do you keep a journal of your gardening efforts? If so, what do you find important to keep track of?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think I need to but I haven't sat down yet and cataloged the various plants I've grown, what is required of different types of plants, soil mixtures I've used, fertilizers, and outcomes of plant growth. Do you keep a journal of your gardening efforts? If so, what do you find important to keep track of?
I have been keeping a journal for decades. How else would one remember what was planted, when and how it produced.

Reaction score
I don't necessarily keep a gardening journal written down. I usually just remember how many of each different types of plants I had planted. Some people think it's weird that I do, but it is just something that I have gotten into the habit of. I did keep a written track of the different plants in my garden for my very first year, but ever since then, I haven't.

Reaction score
I've relied on memory as well. I would love to be more efficient about my methods though as I learn more and garden more. My garden and landscaping is relatively simple compared to many others so it hasn't been a big deal to remember what I've done and how things have faired but I can see the need to become better organized as I branch out into deeper waters with my variety and quantity of plantings.

Reaction score
I used to but now it simply gets written down in my daily journal. I kept a gardening for so long that anything that could have gone wrong did and I can refer to it when needed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't keep a gardening journal because I don't need it. My memory is great:cool: Also, my garden is very small, I don't have many plants and I only use one fertilizer. When something interesting happens to my miniature roses, I write about it in my diary:)

Ask a Question