Do you enjoy gardening by yourself or with someone else?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
It depends on my mood, really - and the intensity of what I am doing! If I'm doing something that requires a lot of muscle, then I always prefer my hubby to be there helping me out. Otherwise, I'm happy to be alone. Gardening is often my time for peace and solitude which is lovely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It depends on the day, and the other projects or errands my husband and I have going. Sometime we are outside together, sometime one is inside with a project or visa versa .
Mostly if we are gardening, he and I are not in the same garden. He may be in the valley garden, I may be up in the other gardens. So it really does not matter to me, either way is fine.

it is hard to find any help to pay @Corzhens , would love someone every now and then to help.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Being an introvert, I prefer gardening by myself. The solitude in the midst of the greenery is sedating. I get absorbed into the various tasks in the garden lost in my thoughts. However, I savour the company of a friend or visitor to my garden. Some offer green bits of advice.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alone, that is my time to commune with natural. I may have some music on but I don't want anyone talking to me while I work in the dirt.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I'm a loner in the garden but not with any other oart of my life. Bit of a people person:p
i do just love showing my garden to people who are interested though. They just have to show a sceric of interest and I'm dragging them off on a tour. Luckily i do have some very keen gardening friends.:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
My wife will spend time with me while I'm gardening on occasion. I also have a friend who doesn't have any gardening space where he lives,so he comes over on occasion. I enjoy company when I'm gardening.

My best gardening partner was my dog who I had to have put down a few months ago :cry:. She loved nothing more than to be outside in the backyard with me and there was little I loved than spending time in the backyard with her. We could spend all day in the backyard just doing stuff. I really really miss her, she was a special dog.

Reaction score
I'd love to garden with my kids :) I hope that can happen after some year, I think teaching your kids about nature is a very nice thing and a truly important skill! Plus it's a great way to build memories!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I prefer gardening with a friend. We get to catchup and we get to hear each other's stories. But there are days where I feel under the weather and prefer to garden by myself.

What about you guys? Enjoy gardening by yourself or with someone else?

I enjoy the peace and quiet of gardening by myself. Having the time alone outside with my thoughts is very tranquil and it puts my soul at ease, and it allows me to focus on what I am doing. I am not opposed to gardening with others, however, as it can be an enjoyable activity to share with family and friends.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I use gardening as a way to sublimate my pent up emotions, frustrations and anxiety. Thus my gardening is all done by myself. However, whenever my mother or wife are doing gardening, I help them.I enjoy gardening with them.

Ask a Question