Today is the first day of Spring! Did folks go outside to enjoy it?

Reaction score
It has rained for days, here, but today is the first day of spring, the rain has quit falling and the sun came out. I noticed that the ground has turned from yesterday's brown to being distinctly greenish: I know it is because of the rain but it sure looks like Mother Nature was watching the calendar!

I spent about an hour cleaning up a row of the vegetable garden: when I started it was 45 degrees Fahrenheit but only an hour later it was 60. I WANT to plant peas today, but I have seen to many late freezes! Planting peas can wait for 2-3 weeks. I still have plenty of work to do: there is perhaps 3 days worth of garden cleanup yet to be done.

What have you folks been doing today, the first day of Spring? Was Mother Nature cooperative for you today, or was her mood stormy?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
She's been both :) This morning, I was able to work in the garden at it was really nice. Cloudy, 70F...ideal. Then it rained this afternoon, temperatures dropped to almost 50F for a while, and we're expecting thunderstorms and flash floods.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Still got a bit of a cool wind, but certainly nice in the Sunshine :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Cold but lots of sun. I had to run out to my little gh and open the vent for awhile. I was afraid my new alarm was going to engage. It's preset for a high of 95f / 35c.

After I got the instructions for dummies and tested it, I found out that most of you people could hear it too if I placed it outside. Well, not really, but darned ear splitting!

The sun was so strong that it raised the soil temps in the cold frames significantly, at least down the first 6 inches.

Beautiful first day of spring!

Reaction score
It AGAIN hit 68 degrees F, but today I did not garden: yesterday I forgot to wear my gloves and today my hands are sore!

I will garden tomorrow.

Ask a Question