Cute name for a cute plant

Reaction score
ACSAPA, Love in a Puff is such a cute name for a plant. Also, the plant itself looks really interesting.
How about Bat Face Cuphea? It looks a little like a bat to me, lol:p :

4866780794_63388befe3_o.jpg

That flower looks like a bat and it does indeed look poisonous but I like it and I think it's pretty. I love those colors.

Reaction score
"Mind your own business" is definitely an interesting name. I suppose by the way it grows, as a sort of ground cover, or fence cover, the name is a subtle way of telling your neighbors to "Mind Your Own Business" ... maybe? Also, I've never heard of "Mother-in-law's-cushion", and the plant looks appropriate enough. There's also the "Mother-in-laws-tongue", which I have had one of those in the past (the plant and the mother-in-law). Way too much publicity for the "Mother-in-Law", far too much. My ex-mother-in-law couldn't stand me, and I was not too fond of her, that's why I say, "too much credit." I suppose there are some cool Mother-in-laws out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Butter and Eggs is another hilarious name for a plant. It not only makes me smile, it also makes me hungry, lol:D
It's pretty...and yes, it reminds me of a delicious food:p :

Butter+and+eggs-Kenridge+Farm-6-21-12+2371.jpg

Reaction score
You're right Claudine, the name does sort of make you hungry and it's a GORGEOUS plant. Looks like one that attracts bees and humming birds but lovely nonetheless. I may try to see if I can find the "Butter and Eggs" plant at my local nursery. That would look fabulous in any garden, and would possibly be the highlight or focal point of your garden. It would definitely be a topic of conversation.

Reaction score
Butter and Eggs is another hilarious name for a plant. It not only makes me smile, it also makes me hungry, lol:D

That flower is gorgeous and the coloring does remind me of delicious breakfast foods. I've never heard of this flower before but it's lovely and the name is charming and descriptive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You're right Claudine, the name does sort of make you hungry and it's a GORGEOUS plant. Looks like one that attracts bees and humming birds but lovely nonetheless. I may try to see if I can find the "Butter and Eggs" plant at my local nursery. That would look fabulous in any garden, and would possibly be the highlight or focal point of your garden. It would definitely be a topic of conversation.

If we had humming birds here, where I live, I would love to have a plant that attracts them:D . I've always dreamed about having humming birds in my garden! They're so cute. Unfortunately so far I've only seen them in pictures.

Here is a plant that is called Hooded Skullcap, lol:p :

202317.jpg

Reaction score
If we had humming birds here, where I live, I would love to have a plant that attracts them:D . I've always dreamed about having humming birds in my garden! They're so cute. Unfortunately so far I've only seen them in pictures.

Here is a plant that is called Hooded Skullcap, lol:p :

202317.jpg

Hooded Skullcap is definitely a unique name for a plant.
I love the color of the flowers and also the fact that the plant looks furry, like a cross between a plant and an animal.

Reaction score
haha, I agree with the above posts! Butter and Eggs is adorable! I would also call it Popcorn!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, popcorn would be also a great name for this plant. It looks so yummy!:D

Here is a Monkey Puzzle Tree, it's so weird and detailed:

MonkeyPuzzleTree_2011_04_28_Clitheroe_Downham_circ_168p7.jpg

monkey+puzzel.1.jpg

Reaction score
The Black Tail Mountain Watermelon always has made me laugh. What is that about? I wonder who comes up with these names, but most important why ???:D

Attachments

• watermelon.jpg
    watermelon.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 412
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, the Black Tail Mountain Watermelon sounds really funny and it's such a long name. Some people are too creative, lol:p . But I like it, it makes gardening even more interesting:D
This is Devil’s Walking stick:

1046881329_54bbadb87e_z.jpg

Reaction score
I like when plants are named after people, the Naomi Calla Lily really does represent the supermodel. I grew some several years ago just because of the the name. But,to my surprise it really is a beautiful flower.

callalily.jpg

Reaction score
I really don't know much about Suzy Wong, but she has a beautiful flower named after her. This variety comes from Park Seeds Catalog. These flowers are lovely little show offs.
suzywong.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, I love the Naomi Calla Lily, it's gorgeous. I haven't seen it before. Suzy Wong flowers look so cute!
The name "Turkey Corn" always makes me smile:

bleeding_heart_dicentra_eximia.jpg

Ask a Question