Cute Valentine Plant

Reaction score
These are one of the cutest ideas I've seen for Valentines Day gifts

A " blooming heart " gift - where you crack open the ceramic heart - water - place in a sunny spot and in 3 - 5 days a bud will arrive that says " I love you " on it :)

Valentine bloomingheart.jpg

An " I love you " bean kit - which works in just the same way as the " blooming heart " - but the bean has to be planted first

Valentines I-LOVE-YOU-BEAN-KIT.jpg

or if you don't want to say I love you - you can choose to say something else - like " forever yours " or " be mine "

Valentine bean plants.jpg

I think they are a lovely idea as well as a wonderful way of saying something special - at any time of the year - not just on Valentines Day :D

What about you - would you like to receive one of these a special gift ?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Gata :)

I'd be happy with anything, as long as it came from my special Girl But yes, a Love you bean is a great idea :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's such a funny and adorable idea, I really like it:) A bean like this makes a lovely valentines gift.
But, to be honest, I'd prefer to receive another miniature rose, I will never have enough of them:D Last year, my boyfriend bought ma a rose and I remember that it made me very happy:love:

Reaction score
I agree with Claudine. Nothing says I love you more than a rose. It's even better if there's more than one rose. I hope I get roses Friday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I haven't said that:) I think that it depends on a person. If someone's favorite flowers are tulips, then, for him, nothing says I love you more than an enormous bouquet of tulips.
But I'm obsessed with miniature roses, so I dream of having more of them:love::love:. I told my boyfriend not to buy me anything though, we plan to spend this day cooking delicious food and drinking cider and eggnog:LOL:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is a fun idea, how do they do that? A plant as a gift is always a winner in my boat. Last year for mothers day my son-in law said it was the easiest purchase he could make. Give me a plant or jewelery and I am happy.

Reaction score
As you know I think a " Blooming Heart " or an " I Love You " plant is one of the cutest of ideas for a Valentines gift I've seen - but would agree - that it is very much a personal thing as to whether - we would prefer to receive chocolates, jewellery, a bouquet of flowers or a plant - but I for one would be very pleased to receive absolutely anything at all - especially as my husband is not the romantic type or even one known to remember special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries - so think that its highly unlikely that I will get anything for Valentines Day :(

claudine - your Valentine treat sounds like a lovely idea - although am not sure that your mixture of cider and eggnog is such a good one - as I think it is possible that the following day - you may well be wishing - that you had chosen to have a miniature rose as a Valentines gift - rather than an eggnog and cider mix :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Eggnog, rhymes with Snog (y):D

Reaction score
I love this idea and have never seen it offered in any of the stores in my area. How on earth do they print the words on such a small area and what happens as the plant grows? Very unique and its made me feel like I have to find one of these.

Ask a Question