Cute name for a cute plant

Reaction score
Jerry Hall

A fascinating, but very strange looking plant.

Its really hard to believe that its real - as it looks suspiciously artificial to me, especially as the pot that its in, doesn't seem to contain any soil and the stems of the plant seem to be tied to the pot with pieces of string.

Reaction score
This variety of hosta is named Wheee! That is an adorable name. When someone asks what you're growing, you can say "Wheee!"

018fa210092c87ae301363cdc67eecb6.jpg

Reaction score
Oh lol!! That's an amazing name, and an equally amazing plant! We have it over here, some people call it ''planta de hule''. If I'm not mistaken this is an indoors plant. Very easy to take care of :)

Reaction score
This plant is known in my country as ''deditos''. As you can see this is a succulent, it's actually one of my faves... I need to check its english and scientific name here.

sedum-pachyphyllum-2.jpg

Reaction score
I saw this on a mystery show where the two ladies are gardeners. I thought it was such a cute name I had to look it up. Mind Your Own Business is part of the nettle family and is known more scientifically as Soleirolia soleirolii and it's a vigorous creeping plant. It is ideal when planted as ground or wall cover and is covered with tiny green, silver or golden leaves, depending on the variety chosen.

. View attachment 480
It's the small leaved plant at the back
That is so funny! Who would of thought! It looks really nice and something that would be super if your looking for ground cover. Very full and a vibrant shade of green.
I don't name my plants because I have far too many but I do have this one little shrub that I call Nosey! Everytime I go out to weed or trim this bush is alwaysgrowing into the bush right beside it! No other direction... ever! So I think he is being nosey. :) My kids get a kick out of it... :)
Danyel :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
It's not really a funny name, but I always thought that "periwinkle" is cute. I even named a duck Periwnkle before.

periwinkle-flower.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In Australia we call this very common plant "Mother in law's tongue":

sansevieria-mother-in-laws-tongue-look-great-on-mass.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You're right Claudine, the name does sort of make you hungry and it's a GORGEOUS plant. Looks like one that attracts bees and humming birds but lovely nonetheless. I may try to see if I can find the "Butter and Eggs" plant at my local nursery. That would look fabulous in any garden, and would possibly be the highlight or focal point of your garden. It would definitely be a topic of conversation.

Butter and Eggs ( Linaria vulgaris ) is an invasive species but I wouldn't mind having it in my garden, I know that the bees would love it

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had no idea Rattan is known as Wait-a-While. It made me smile:D
How about Kiss-Me-Over-the-Garden-Gate? Isn't it the sweetest plant name ever? It's so cute and romantic. This is how the plant looks like:

cheep%2Bseeds.jpg
I know this was posted a long time ago but I had to mention it when I saw it. I've never even heard of "Kiss me over the garden gate." It's absolutely adorable and romantic, and I'm not going to lie, I can definitely imagine a setting around the early 1900's, tending to these flowers in a garden and a mysterious man sneaking a kiss with me over the gate. It's so cute! :X3:

Reaction score
Oh these are so bright and beautiful! I can see where it got it's name :]

In my home country every time I go home for a vacation the dancing lady orchids of my mother in her garden always blooms beautiful flowers which are always lovely to look at. ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my home country every time I go home for a vacation the dancing lady orchids of my mother in her garden always blooms beautiful flowers which are always lovely to look at. ;)
My mother grows flowers in her garden as well, but she's not really good at caring for them, and they die super quickly. And I don't think they're anything with special names, as far as I'm aware. I wish it were different :(

Ask a Question