Cute name for a cute plant

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I saw this on a mystery show where the two ladies are gardeners. I thought it was such a cute name I had to look it up. Mind Your Own Business is part of the nettle family and is known more scientifically as Soleirolia soleirolii and it's a vigorous creeping plant. It is ideal when planted as ground or wall cover and is covered with tiny green, silver or golden leaves, depending on the variety chosen.

253px-Soleirolia_soleirolii_-_Botanischer_Garten_Freiburg_-_DSC06343.jpg

It's the small leaved plant at the back

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, this is such a funny name! I wonder whose idea was it:p
My favorite plant name is Forget-me-not, it's so romantic. And it looks very pretty:

Forget-Me-Not-Flower-5.jpg

Reaction score
I love naming and talking to my garden. The prettiest name for one of my flowers was "sun flower" and "daisy", I also have my husband out side in the garden with me except he does not care to call the plants and flowers by names. He likes getting in the dirt and using planting as our quality time together

Reaction score
Mind your own business is the name of the plant? That really is funny, but interesting enough to catch attention and learn the flower more. I also know of a plant called dama de noche, and in english, it means lady of the night. It is called dama de noche because it emits its fragrance only at the night. This plant/flower crawls so it is common to see it up in trees or in fences. it is very rare that you will see one in the ground.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A plant name that always makes me laugh is Mother-In-Law’s-Cushion. The plant itself looks like this:

golden_barrel_cactus.jpg

I guess the person who named it didn't like his mother in law too much:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I saw this on a mystery show where the two ladies are gardeners. I thought it was such a cute name I had to look it up. Mind Your Own Business is part of the nettle family and is known more scientifically as Soleirolia soleirolii and it's a vigorous creeping plant. It is ideal when planted as ground or wall cover and is covered with tiny green, silver or golden leaves, depending on the variety chosen.

. View attachment 480
It's the small leaved plant at the back

I used to watch "Rosemary and Thyme" also' and I really liked that program. I remember the episode about the nettle with the strange name. It seems like every episode had very interesting plants, and beautiful English houses and gardens in it. I actually enjoyed that as much as I did watching them solve all the mysteries.
The nettles I am familiar with are the stinging kind of nettles, and definitely not something I would want as a ground cover in my back yard, but I think that these are a really pretty looking groundcover.

Reaction score
A plant name that always makes me laugh is Mother-In-Law’s-Cushion. The plant itself looks like this:

golden_barrel_cactus.jpg

I guess the person who named it didn't like his mother in law too much:p

Someone in my neighborhood has a cactus like this. It's hilarious that the name is Mother-In-Law's Cushion. That is so mean but I can relate to feeling that way about a mother-in-law.

Jed

Reaction score
Wait-a-While is an Australian native rainforest vine.
As it names suggest if you get caught up in it you will be de-tangling the spines from your clothing to free yourself. Mature canes can be treated and used to weave baskets. It's also known as Lawyer Vine :confused: here but in Asian countries it's called Rattan.

For some reason I can't get a pic up so here's a link
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=w...jJiAfIvICQDA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=509

Reaction score
Wait-a-While is an Australian native rainforest vine.
As it names suggest if you get caught up in it you will be de-tangling the spines from your clothing to free yourself. Mature canes can be treated and used to weave baskets. It's also known as Lawyer Vine :confused: here but in Asian countries it's called Rattan.

For some reason I can't get a pic up so here's a link
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=wait a while&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hzuQUeT-F6jJiAfIvICQDA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=509

That's funny, Lawyer Vine because you have to detangle yourself to get free of it. That definitely sounds like a lawyer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I had no idea Rattan is known as Wait-a-While. It made me smile:D
How about Kiss-Me-Over-the-Garden-Gate? Isn't it the sweetest plant name ever? It's so cute and romantic. This is how the plant looks like:

cheep%2Bseeds.jpg

Reaction score
Lol, this is such a funny name! I wonder whose idea was it:p
My favorite plant name is Forget-me-not, it's so romantic. And it looks very pretty:

Forget-Me-Not-Flower-5.jpg

I'm quoting directly what someone posted on Pinterest about Forget Me Nots because it's a cute story. Here's what they wrote:

"Myosotis. Cute flowers known for their blue color. I've found a really cute legend about them on Wikipedia: «In a German legend, God named all the plants when a tiny unnamed one cried out, "Forget-me-not, O Lord!" God replied, "That shall be your name.">

What an adorable story.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, Love in a Puff is such a cute name for a plant. Also, the plant itself looks really interesting.
How about Bat Face Cuphea? It looks a little like a bat to me, lol:p :

4866780794_63388befe3_o.jpg

Reaction score
Bat Face is surely a good name for it. I was thinking dragon-something, but Bat Face works. It looks like it might be poison or something.

Ask a Question