Coronavirus, it is all over the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
over here, schools closed. lots of crowd type events canceled. hear many grocery store shelves empty. ( I have plenty in my house) I still have my job to deal with, but can work from home. Just wash your hands. good luck all.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Much easier to self-isolate in a rural location, should you wish to, but city dwellers can hardly keep out of each other´s way unless they remain indoors. In England many have been flooded out of their homes and are crammed in with relatives.
I think that the poor and the old will suffer most -- make of that what you will.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Over 70's here have been told to self isolate for months. We stocked up long before they started stripping the supermarkets, still have pickles and frozen stuff from last years crops.

Started off Beetroot, onions, peas, courgettes and lettuce for this year, hadn't been planning on growing so much this year, had planned to do more building work instead, so had to clear out the greenhouse to get ready.

DSCF2088.JPG

Tetters has been busy converting the outhouse and potting shed into greenhouses too. Been digging a new bed for potatoes and stuff outside inbetween the rain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Over 70's here have been told to self isolate for months////

Hmm..

What are they going to do if they don't?

Most fit and able over seventies and there must be getting on for a million of 'em, won't take any notice.

The instruction is totally impracticable, for most and it's unenforceable.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I have to agree Sean, I´m 70 and prefer to paddle my own canoe, and if I feel it appropriate to self-isolate on my motorcycle, I´ll cough all over any cop who stops me.
However, I would have to work on the principle that I might be a danger to others, and act accordingly.
I work on the principle that laws are for the guidance of the wise, and the instruction of fools.
I´ve received situational guidance from the government and my bank, and I´ll take it on board, along with the rest of the data.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That puts it into perspective for now @La Garden (y)

Been watching Dr John on a daily basis...

Someone had to do this... :whistle:

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dr John is a breath of fresh air, there´s so much questionable information out there now it´s possible to pull out any interpretation that fits your opinion.
Here in Spain I have clear and comprehensive government advice (albeit via Facebook) and an email from my bank regarding modified service.
England (in some turmoil) appears to have been ploughing a lonely furrow, and has since performed a heavily disguised U-turn following derision from Europe. (¨Herd immunity -- how DARE you? )
Were the British government intent on aiding the progress of the virus, they could hardly do any better.
It is becoming apparent that children can carry the virus without suffering symptoms, so Johnson´s refusal to close the schools is simply aiding the spread of the virus.
Is this old Etonian merely stupid?
Educated way beyond his intelligence?
Simply a puppet of the Military Industrial Complex?
All three?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
LOL. well UK it is time for you to be front and center.

EXCLUSIVE: Russian media blames BRITAIN for the coronavirus outbreak: Propaganda accuses UK of 'smearing something in Wuhan' and links the virus to Salisbury novichok attack
  • EXCLUSIVE Kremlin-backed media has broadcast propaganda blaming UK
  • Outrageous slurs include that the British 'smeared something in Wuhan'
  • Pieces of disinformation were broadcast by Kremlin-funded Sputnik & Russia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question