Coronavirus, it is all over the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This could even be true, but always remember that the UK is now a minor subsidiary of the American agenda to dominate the planet.
The UK acts as an American aircraft carrier off the European coast, and along with Saudi Arabia and Israel, it furthers the aims of the military industrial complex.
But you won´t hear that on Fox News.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
You have to smile.

The situation has been ideal for a bit of "corporate spin," from retailers. But it can backfire on them.

Waitrose have joined Sainsburys, by sending an e-mail to their customers from their chief excutives detailing all the "initiatives" they are taking to help people during this crisis. One of which is devoting the first hour of trading, 8.00 am to 9.00 am to old age pensioners.
Trouble is, with our local Waitrose, the delivery doesn't arrive until after 8.00am and it takes at least an hour to get stuff on the shelves, so this morning the store looked as it did at closing time last night. No provision had been made to accommodate this "help."

All the majors are on daily delivery, so no large stocks in warehouses behind sales floors

It's an example of the "JIT" system used in car manufacturing and other similar industries, essential componants arrive "Just in time." Or as we used to say more often, JTFL, "Just Too ****ing Late!"
So nothing has changed.

Here in Manchester there's a chronic shortage of loo rolls as in other places. But the things are made in Manchester!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
1584635287149.jpeg
1584621246698.png
5A62DB49-45CA-4DC3-8A64-09E1380326D1.jpeg
9dc57385-de35-4f97-ab0d-052e3653c172.jpg
IMG-20200319-WA0000.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-080226_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-080258_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200319-080517_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• 204A0585-BB68-43A1-88B4-016D659A432F.jpeg
    204A0585-BB68-43A1-88B4-016D659A432F.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 94
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm loving this coronavirus...Should I feel guilty:p

Since my bike is my primary form of transportation, I've noticed that every day, I see less and less vehicles on the roadways, despite gas prices at an all-time low; I've seen it as low as $1.70 per gallon. I almost wish I drove my truck more(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm loving this coronavirus...Should I feel guilty:p

Since my bike is my primary form of transportation, I've noticed that every day, I see less and less vehicles on the roadways, despite gas prices at an all-time low; I've seen it as low as $1.70 per gallon. I almost wish I drove my truck more(y)

Hmm..

We're paying about $6.29 a gallon in the UK.

We still talk MPG. But our petrol is sold in ltrs, the "powers that be" were quick to jump on the metric band wagon, as "ltrs make it seem cheaper." because the tax is 61% on petrol.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

The cruse ship. The ultimate worse case scenario. Closed in area. A lot of shared. Sick food workers. Still only about 20% infected. About the same as Wuhan. About the same as the Flu. Most have a natural immunity.
Chloroquine, just might be the ticket for the ones that catch corona.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
This could even be true, but always remember that the UK is now a minor subsidiary of the American agenda to dominate the planet.
The UK acts as an American aircraft carrier off the European coast, and along with Saudi Arabia and Israel, it furthers the aims of the military industrial complex.
But you won´t hear that on Fox News.

Good, because I prefer Fox news to the anti-American garbage.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Are you able to discriminate between ¨anti--American,¨and being opposed to American foreign policy ?
I am the latter --- not the former, in case you weren´t sure.
I´m sure you enjoy Fox news, it says a great deal about you.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Are you able to discriminate between ¨anti--American,¨and being opposed to American foreign policy ?
I am the latter --- not the former, in case you weren´t sure.
I´m sure you enjoy Fox news, it says a great deal about you.

You have injected your politics into a good thread about the Virus. Keep your stinking liberal politics out! Also, I don't care to hear you ridicule Fox News and those who listen to it. Stick to Gardening topics and leave your liberal garbage out!!!

p.s. Myself, and many others, come to a gardening forum to talk about gardening...not American foreign policy or Fox News or those who watch it. If you want to kill a good garden forum, just continue to inject your liberal views about America and those who watch Fox News. I don't give a tinkers dam what you think of those who watch it and certainly not your political views. Stick to gardening!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The word politics means ¨of the people ¨ and therefore the virus is a political matter.
And you haven´t answered my question ...
All you have succeeded in doing, is creating a bad smell on a nice forum.
Keep your immature emotional tantrums to yourself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
As bad as some of the news is about this outbreak, I think in the end it's a good thing, because certainly there are far more deadlier things in the shadows -- you might say this is preparing us.

This is like a war...

Excerpts:

Europe’s Desperate Doctors Are Shielded by Trash Bags

At some Spanish hospitals, doctors and nurses resort to taping garbage sacks to their arms to shield themselves while they work to save an avalanche of patients fighting for breath. They’ve run out of disposable coats.

The plastic glasses they wear are of such poor quality that medics can barely see through them, so they find the pulses and veins of coronavirus patients by touch, said Samantha Gonzalez, a 52-year-old nurse who works in the emergency room at the Txagorritxu hospital in the Basque city of Vitoria.

With Italy overtaking China as the most deadly center of the pandemic and Spain recording its grimmest day yet for fatalities, health care in the two countries is buckling in a way not seen in peacetime.

How they are trying to cope with the crisis is already a worrying lesson for other European countries as the harried ranks of doctors and nurses become depleted by contagion and efforts to find space and breathing aids for patients look increasingly futile. Finding space for the dead is also tougher. Italy has brought in the army.

Hospitals in Italy and now Spain have been overwhelmed by the scale of admissions but more importantly the speed. Staff have watched the number of known cases multiply five-fold or more in just a couple of weeks and are scrambling to dedicate wards previously used for geriatric care or dermatology to coronavirus sufferers.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
In Spain we´ve been in ¨Lock Down ¨for week now, a friend went shopping in nearby Orgiva yesterday, gloves were provided, shelves were as full as usual, no signs of panic.
In England people are still moving about freely, grabbing what they can in the supermarkets, people are losing their jobs, children of essential workers are being herded together, hospitals are in a panic and still no ¨Lock Down ¨ after all -- some of them need to get their hair done.

I do hope this is sheer ineptitude on behalf of the authorities, rather than a cull of the unproductive and the old.

On the other hand, this virus might rid the planet of much of the pollution we cause -- it´s destruction is selective, while ours is indiscriminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question