Cold

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@zigs
The glaring issue with CO2 is that it broke away from the natural cycle and has sky rocketed since the industrial revolution. There is 100% a correlation there, causation is debatable. I also don’t necessarily think that CO2 is the primary driver. Orbital facing, methane, and a variety of other feedback loops come into play like albedo.

CO2 is presently the highest it’s ever been with humans on Earth, as far as we know. And the oceans were dozens of feet higher the last time CO2 was this high. We also know there’s a significant lag factor here and things are warming non-uniformly, as in oceans and poles are showing more temperature anomalies than air temperature.

It’s a pretty reasonable conclusion that sea level will rise dramatically at some point in the not too distant future. Either way CO2 is going vertical on a geological timeframe. Regardless of what’s driving that change, it’s bad. Look around hard, we’re in the middle of the 6th extinction on Earth and all the old growth rain forests are stripped but one.

@headfullofbees
I have no interest in conversing with someone posting nonsense on YouTube or wildly jumping among off topic theories. Nothing you’ve contributed disputes any of the data I posted. I show data on the Arctic being the lowest in satellite records and you start telling me Antarctica has a volcano problem. Wrong pole but that one is also at a record low for this time of year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
No winter so to speak of this year, very mild and very little rain. Today it's supposed to be 83. I really had no cause to use my greenhouse this year. Winter is usually no big thing here, but there is usually a little more rain and cooler temperatures.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs
The glaring issue with CO2 is that it broke away from the natural cycle and has sky rocketed since the industrial revolution. There is 100% a correlation there, causation is debatable. I also don’t necessarily think that CO2 is the primary driver. Orbital facing, methane, and a variety of other feedback loops come into play like albedo.

CO2 is presently the highest it’s ever been with humans on Earth, as far as we know. And the oceans were dozens of feet higher the last time CO2 was this high. We also know there’s a significant lag factor here and things are warming non-uniformly, as in oceans and poles are showing more temperature anomalies than air temperature.

It’s a pretty reasonable conclusion that sea level will rise dramatically at some point in the not too distant future. Either way CO2 is going vertical on a geological timeframe. Regardless of what’s driving that change, it’s bad. Look around hard, we’re in the middle of the 6th extinction on Earth and all the old growth rain forests are stripped but one.

@headfullofbees
I have no interest in conversing with someone posting nonsense on YouTube or wildly jumping among off topic theories. Nothing you’ve contributed disputes any of the data I posted. I show data on the Arctic being the lowest in satellite records and you start telling me Antarctica has a volcano problem. Wrong pole but that one is also at a record low for this time of year.
You do realise that if you feel that what I post is nonsense, then conversely, it has to be the case that I see your evidence as nonsensical.
A graph using one or more proxies all the way through is an argument; a graph where the proxy changes part-way through is chicanery and charlatanism.
Even NOAA states:
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/

The Mauna Loa data are being obtained at an altitude of 3400 m in the northern subtropics, and may not be the same as the globally averaged CO2 concentration at the surface.

Why the change in proxy, another decline to hide?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Who started in about the Arctic ice, when my thread was about individual member's experiences?
You forgot it was about individual COLD weather experiences, which are being forced by the warming Arctic. It’s on topic and relevant. Because it’s all related. Off to sow some melons in my above average 90 degree spring weather.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Think we're all getting a bit over excited about which way the climate is going.

Best us keep our views on that to ourselves and get back on topic :)

Owcho the cactus is 2 weeks behind after the cold snap :)

DSCI0001 (36).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States

The Mauna Loa data are being obtained at an altitude of 3400 m in the northern subtropics, and may not be the same as the globally averaged CO2 concentration at the surface.
I read something interesting on this point not too long ago and basically it was saying that since co2 is heavier than o2 it settled down lower and eventually absorbed; however, aircraft co2 emissions stay in the atmosphere so much longer and the number of aircraft flying around Mauna Loa has been increasing over the years, with increased travel by basically everyone....

I'll try and find that article again, it was interesting.

Ask a Question