Citrus tree problems

Reaction score
Country
United States
i just moved to Sarasota Florida and the home I moved to has a lemon and an orange tree in the back yard. Both the trees have fruit on them but they appear to have a disease or mold on them. We tried to take some of the lemons that looked ok and make some lemonade but it doesn’t taste right.
I looked up common things online and I think they may have sooty mold based on the way the leaves look. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• D4A57073-FCC9-4486-B7A3-B2D4F33E0E20.jpeg
    D4A57073-FCC9-4486-B7A3-B2D4F33E0E20.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 269
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 292
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
i just moved to Sarasota Florida and the home I moved to has a lemon and an orange tree in the back yard. Both the trees have fruit on them but they appear to have a disease or mold on them. We tried to take some of the lemons that looked ok and make some lemonade but it doesn’t taste right.
I looked up common things online and I think they may have sooty mold based on the way the leaves look. Any advice would be appreciated.
To get rid of sooty mold the first thing you must do is get rid of the cause and the cause is insects. Sooty mold is caused by aphids/whitefly excrement. It looks like sooty mold but it may not be. I would take some examples to the county extension agent to make sure. To kill aphids/whitefly start a spray regimine of neem oil.

Ask a Question