Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I recently fertilized my citrus tree with this organic fertilizer two weeks ago. Now, it appears to be killing it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Water or heat stress are common causes of leaf curling, pests and fungus can also cause, from the picture I don't see much pest activity. Any sticky matter, black soot, or tunnels (white lines) in the leaves? The fertilizer looks like 5-2-6 and it suggests 2 lbs or 6 cups for plants up to 3 feet. What application rate did you use just out of curiosity? I think 2 lbs would result in 3.2 oz of pure Nitrogen (5% of 1 lb x 2 or 10% of 2 lbs) which is not out of line and nitrogen is the primary fertilizer for citrus.The tips seem fine so doubtful a micro nutrient issue.

What was the watering schedule prior to application and what has been the watering schedule post application? Any sun or temperature changes for your area in the same time frame?

Below is a good citrus diagnosis chart.

http://extension.arizona.edu/sites/extension.arizona.edu/files/pubs/az1492.pdf

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
It has been colder than normal here. Temperature has dropped in the 40 and 50s during the night and early morning. Since I purchase it, the normal temp was between 76 and 95 until 2 weeks ago.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It has been colder than normal here. Temperature has dropped in the 40 and 50s during the night and early morning. Since I purchase it, the normal temp was between 76 and 95 until 2 weeks ago.
I really wouldn't worry too much. The leaves may or may not drop off but your tree won't die. If it gets into the low 40's cover it with a sheet or Nsulate

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
Perhaps,you hurt the tap root while applying compost. Since this is winter time,it is also possible that the crumbling leaves is the result of cold weather. water the plant with curd whey, it will help.

Ask a Question