Help me identify this citrus tree!

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
So I have 5 of these trees in my yard and there's obviously something wrong with them because the leaves are scarce and the fruit falls prematurely while they're still green. On one tree I found what looks like an orange so I'm assuming all of the trees would be the same if the fruit ripened. I'm in Tampa, Florida so they could be a number of citrus. Is this an orange and what can I do to produce fruit?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks to me to be some variety of lemon because of the long slender leaves. I may be wrong. I also see shoots coming up from the base of the tree. These should be removed yesterday. One way to tell is to taste them

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Citrus leaves with small, reduced wings on the petioles are most likely that of an Orange, either a Sweet Orange (Citrus x sinensis) or a Sour Orange (Citrus x aurantium). Of course, Sweet Oranges are more commonly planted, but healthy fruit is needed for a more precise identification.

More information is needed about the care and condition of these trees. What is the soil, drainage, and irrigation like for these plants?

Ask a Question