Christmas cards

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Christmas card production by my wife stopped a week ago and the craft trolley is parked up.

P1040738.JPG

But not before she completed making some flowers for use during the coming year on some birthday cards.

P1040735.JPG

P1040736.JPG

P1040737.JPG

She won't be using them on every card, so some will go into her store of card making materials for future use.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Are those real flowers or are they synthetic? If they are real, did she dry them? They look so perfect!

Thanks for the kind words.

They are paper and come as individual kits, you have to cut out several layers for each one, fold and glue them together.

For all her card making she uses this glue, in a syringe, it's £4.50 a tube. I get lumbered with buying it for her on eBay quite often, three tubes at a time, but I don't mind.

s-l1600.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Those are so awesome! I bet her cards are amazing. Does she have a website where she sells her cards?

Thanks for the kind words.

It's just a hobby, she's never sold any. It helps with her MS. To turn it into a business would just add pressure and take away the fun of making them.

They are just for us to send to family and friends.
Plus very occasionally some "commissions" she gets to make cards for friends and family for them to send to other people on special occasions. The last was a few weeks ago for a golfing friend of mine and his wife, to send a card to their son and his fiancé congratulating them on the birth of their new baby.

Here's a few examples.

This sofas main purpose is as a "temporary card store."

Every card is different.

P1040675.jpg

P1000890.JPG

P1000889.JPG

P1000891.JPG

P1000892.JPG

P1000898.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are we the only people here who do charity cards?

The ones we receive we fasten to heavy duty red ribbon which we hang from the doors with a drawing pin in the top of the door. It is into the end grain and where the hole won't show. I use the same holes each year and see them once a year.

Ask a Question