Christmas cards

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Cards are one of my wife's hobbies. All this cutting out intricate shapes helps her control her MS.

She only makes them to send to family and friends (the ones I have to post rather than hand deliver, cost me a fortune in postage!)

They seem to get more intricate each year.

Her "work station."

P1000895.JPG

P1000898.JPG

Some in part production

P1000893.JPG

They are appreciated by the recipients.

Someone I "know " on a private message board and through e-mails, (they live in Holland) we've sent cards to since we were both on the old BBC Points of View message board ten years ago.

She gets them all out again each year.

She sent us this photo of the separate display she made of her collection of them last year

20180107_110620[3052].jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
I like religious and generic Christmas cards. I send religious and generic cards. Some cards do have glitter.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I like to make a few cards and they all have glitter, here's 2 that I've recently done.
20191127_074704.jpg

The one on the left has decupage but it doesn't show up on the pic.
These are the inserts and verse to put in.
My friend Keith prints them all out on his computer, he's got a lot to choose from.
20191127_074833.jpg

This is the verse, they're both the same
20191127_075411.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any cards I give/send I make (nothing quite as elaborate as those posted by previous members - great work BTW!)
I shy away from glitter preferring to work more with shape/colour/dimension.
Postage has become quite expensive which does have a a knock on affect: those special people who will receive a posted one will know it is also a gift from the heart from and investment of time, thoughtfulness and that one thing above all else - unique! Who needs glitter after all of that ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Any cards I give/send I make (nothing quite as elaborate as those posted by previous members - great work BTW!)
I shy away from glitter preferring to work more with shape/colour/dimension.
Postage has become quite expensive which does have a a knock on affect: those special people who will receive a posted one will know it is also a gift from the heart from and investment of time, thoughtfulness and that one thing above all else - unique! Who needs glitter after all of that ;)

Yes, postage is expensive, the ones I have to send in the post, as they are thicker than a normal letter, cost a pound each last year. One I sent last week to someone in Holland, hoping it won't be delivered late as was the one I sent this time last year, cost £4.

I appreciatte some people can't afford the postage, but of those who can, I feel sending e-cards is a bit of a let down. Half the point of sending a card is that it's a demonstration that you are thinking of someone and have made the effort.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree about the postage so i don't send any in the post that has decupage on I just give to friends near by. For the ones that have to go by post i don't put any decupage on them.

Ask a Question