Chinese Lucky Bamboo help

Reaction score
Country
Australia
2022-05-27-07-15-22-710.jpg
PXL_20220526_212630996.jpg
PXL_20220526_212911614.jpg
Hey,
My lucky bamboo has been fine for the last year or so living in water.
Only recently the leaves have turned yellow and it's spreading to the tip of the stem now too.
I did have fertiliser in the water for last week and I think either that or using the house heater has done this. But I mist the leaves due to the heater.
Since noticing it I've cleaned the pot out for algae and the pebbles and pulled off the yellow leaves.
Doesn't seem like it's getting better.
What should I do?
I'm from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The roots on that stem are dying, for whatever reason, and that branch is not getting any water. Cut that branch off and stick it in the water or a different pot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
That stalk looks like its dying. Remove it from the water and try planting in soil. I have had mine 11 years, and it had many stalks and sometimes they die. Leaves get yellow from to much sun light. I just cut everything off.

Reaction score
Country
United States
First things first, check where the yellowing occurs. If the leaves turn yellow, you could have the following potential problems on your hands. Sudden Change in Temperature, Too much sunlight, Too much fertilizer, Too little water

Here is the complete detail about this issue:

Quick video about this

Ask a Question