My Pilea (Chinese Money Plant) seems to be dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plant has been healthy with a lovely shape until the last few weeks. I increased watering as it was drying out very quickly during the recent heatwave (~35degC) and started to droop a little.

But the lower half of the plant has continued drooping quite severely, although the upper half of the leaves seem okay.

The weather changed to become much cooler, so the soil is damp but not sodden. I've pushed a stick down through the soil, and it doesn't seem to come back too wet. I haven't watered the plant further since the weather became cooler and the soil has stayed damp.

A couple of the lower leaves have turned yellow/brown. I'm not sure if this is related, or it's just because they're the oldest leaves.

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm at a loss at the moment :)

Attachments

• IMG_8952.jpg
    IMG_8952.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 232
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I do think the extra water and cooler weather have caused the problem, and if it was my plant I would be tempted to take it out of that compost and repot it in fresh stuff. Keep it a bit dryer and go back to the old watering regime. I wish you success - let us know how it goes.

Ask a Question