Brown spots on my Pilea

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I got my Pilea recently and I noticed some brown spots. Is this a sign of stress or disease?
Thanks for help!
20200718_132436.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Israel
@Lisa_117 , Hello

To my knowledge, brown spots on the Pilea plant can be caused by a few things:

1. Over-fertilizing - could cause "chemical burn" - be cautious with the doses.
2. Overwatering - the Pilea plant does not like to be wet, the soil must be dry:
Take a match, stick it in the pot and push a few centimeters down, if the match is dry, you can water, but even if the upper layer is dry but few centimeters down it's still wet, do not water the plant.

I have to point out, that brown spots can also indicate sunburn, which means that your Pilea got too much direct sunlight.
Additionally, just to be safe, inspect the leaves and the plant itself for bugs.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Lisa_117 , Hello

To my knowledge, brown spots on the Pilea plant can be caused by a few things:

1. Over-fertilizing - could cause "chemical burn" - be cautious with the doses.
2. Overwatering - the Pilea plant does not like to be wet, the soil must be dry:
Take a match, stick it in the pot and push a few centimeters down, if the match is dry, you can water, but even if the upper layer is dry but few centimeters down it's still wet, do not water the plant.

I have to point out, that brown spots can also indicate sunburn, which means that your Pilea got too much direct sunlight.
Additionally, just to be safe, inspect the leaves and the plant itself for bugs.

Good luck.
Thank you for your comprehensive answer. You helped me a lot.
Greetings from Germany!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also i have learned if there is too much sodium or minerals in the water you are using to water your pilea then these brown spots will occur. This happened to me. I now use filtered water and it is fine!

Attachments

• 15974301328014464865622855350750.jpg
    15974301328014464865622855350750.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 317

Ask a Question