Cherry Tree Leaves Drooping and Turning Yellow

xgf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted 2 cherry trees 40 days ago in 50 gallon grow bags. They grew a lot of leaves after being planted. Unfortunately, the mature leaves are drooping and the young leaves are turning yellow recently. Anyone has an idea? Thank you in advance.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Could it be a lack of enough water or water not applied properly? To assure even distribution, water should be given very slowly and at different areas of the container until you can actually see water coming out from all around and the bottom of the container. Also, did you loosen up the root ball a little before transplanting? The root ball may have been constricted a little and thus some of the roots not able to obtain enough water.

xgf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Could it be a lack of enough water or water not applied properly? To assure even distribution, water should be given very slowly and at different areas of the container until you can actually see water coming out from all around and the bottom of the container. Also, did you loosen up the root ball a little before transplanting? The root ball may have been constricted a little and thus some of the roots not able to obtain enough water.
Thank you so much for the great suggestion! I have watered the trees thoroughly and I think they look better now.

Ask a Question