Canna virus?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

In March, I purchased some Rosemond Cole Canna rhizomes from an online supplier in WI. Although they have all now sprouted and produced their first leaves, I'm concerned that these plants might possibly be infected with a virus, as the leaves have odd coloration, including many light-colored speckles. Photos attached. Any advice?

If these are in fact carrying one or more of the viruses that commonly affect Cannas, what are the chances that it might spread to the other Canna varieties that I've also planted (again, as rhizomes) this spring, including Tropicanna, Cleopatra, Pretoria, and Yellow King Humbert? I've read that, like most plant viruses, those affecting Cannas seem to need a vector (such as aphids) in order to transfer from one plant to another. If such a vector doesn't happen to be present in my case, is there a reasonable chance that my other Canna varieties will be spared from infection, despite their very close proximity to the Rosemond Coles?

Attachments

• canna_01.jpg
    canna_01.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 5
  • canna_02.jpg
    canna_02.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 5
  • canna_03.jpg
    canna_03.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 5
  • canna_04.jpg
    canna_04.jpg