Tallest Red Canna Lillies

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Evening all....Looking for some Red taller cannas. I moved recently (military posting) after returning from deployment, and had to leave behind canna rhizomes, elephant ears and heirloom tall sunflowers I collected over the years.

I am in a new city now (Ottawa, Canada) and looking to start over. I'll be forever grateful if anyone has spares they can gift me, to get me back in business. Gardening has been very therapeutic for my post deployment mental health.

Please and thank you!

Cheers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Evening all....Looking for some Red taller cannas. I moved recently (military posting) after returning from deployment, and had to leave behind canna rhizomes, elephant ears and heirloom tall sunflowers I collected over the years.

I am in a new city now (Ottawa, Canada) and looking to start over. I'll be forever grateful if anyone has spares they can gift me, to get me back in business. Gardening has been very therapeutic for my post deployment mental health.

Please and thank you!

Cheers
I have yellow canna but they only get 5-6 feet tall. Are you growing outside there in Canada?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Canna is hardy to usda grow zone 7, but you are in either zone 5b or 5a. Sure you want to dig them up each year? Or are you a potted plant person? They will freeze to death outside. Same is true for the elephant ears.

Last edited:

Ask a Question