Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

In the past few months, we've made adding the "location" to your profile a mandatory field for new members. Although I don't like asking for more data than is required, this was important as lots of new members were asking questions about their garden and not giving any information on where they are posting from.

It isn't possible to make this mandatory for existing members, but I would kindly ask that anyone already registered without the location filled in, to please add this information so that other posters are able to provide tailored help. You can do so on the following page:

https://www.gardening-forums.com/account/

I've pinged this message to anyone who has these fields blank at the moment, so I'd be really grateful if you can fill this information in.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for that @Ian, it will make it much easier to assess problems and help with answers, especially for our members across the pond where the weather zones differ so much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes, it will make things much better for everyone. And it is not like asking for your street address so there should not be any problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I have wished for some indication asto ones degree of horticultural expertise. I, like most. Started from scratch an worked my way up. I find it a bit of a problem sometimes when replying to members questions. Then as this is thankfully a multi national site. Do I proffer a simple or a technical answer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Best to always keep it simple Mike - little words of one syllable - then see what reply you get (if any) ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No no no, if you get a sensible reply give 'em verse and chapter - if not, read them the story of the three bears :D

Ask a Question