Need help identifying little red things (bugs? seeds??)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a satin pothos at a farmer's market a few months back. I noticed that clover was growing on the soil but left it there because I thought it was cute. Recently, I started noticing tiny red things sprinkled all over my plants (which I keep altogether in a corner). I suspected they were bugs and used a mild herbal repellant on them but they didn't go away. Then I noticed that they were coming from inside the clover buds (they're semi transparent and I could see the red things lined up inside). This makes me wonder if they are seeds or little baby bugs lying in wait to come out.

Additional info: I have never seen the red things move. The red things look somewhat striped (very hard to see because they are tiny). Also, when I nudged the clover bud, it popped and sent the red things flying.

Are they seeds??? Or bugs???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you upload a photo? We can't see what you're talking about ??

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't know you could

Attachments

• 20210728_134342.jpg
    20210728_134342.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210728_135948.jpg
    20210728_135948.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They look like seeds to me. If you want to take care of your Pothos, remove anything else in the pot and call it a weed. Weeds are not so cute, and they steal the nutrition which should be for the plant you bought :)
Welcome to the forums.

Edit.... you beat me to it Chuck !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
They look like seeds to me. If you want to take care of your Pothos, remove anything else in the pot and call it a weed. Weeds are not so cute, and they steal the nutrition which should be for the plant you bought :)
Welcome to the forums.

Edit.... you beat me to it Chuck !
Only because I don't have Zigs to put up with. Probably takes up most of your time.:D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So very very true mate .... it is comforting to know that someone understands
1627509312963.png

Ask a Question