I need help in identifying this..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I bought some baby monstera last month. But I noticed that there is a white plant with them. I'm not sure if it's a monstera or a different plant that got mixed up with the pack. Please help. :)
received_964036280773435.jpeg
received_2891435961092336.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's possible that it is either not getting enough light or that the soil is too salty. Definitely looks like the same plant, so I would check those two things to see what the actual cause is. It could be too much fertilizer or it could need to be closer to the window.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you. I was wondering because I haven't fertilized it yet not sure if the seller did.
Thank you for your insight. :)
I just hope it lives like her siblings :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Plantita, in my opinion you do indeed have an example of an albino there - a new shoot without chlorophyll.
It would be a good idea to google ''albino plant'' or similar to read up all about the subject.

It would be interesting to know whether it lives or not, and I for one would appreciate an update please.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Plantita, in my opinion you do indeed have an example of an albino there - a new shoot without chlorophyll.
It would be a good idea to google ''albino plant'' or similar to read up all about the subject.

It would be interesting to know whether it lives or not, and I for one would appreciate an update please.
Thank you.. I really believe that it is an albino because it came directly from a seed. It's striving but since it doesn't have chlorophyll, it doesn't grow a lot. I already did some researching and applying them to make sure this baby lives . Sure, I'll leave an update here. Probably in another month or so

Ask a Question