Blueberries in containers

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m going to be planting six blueberry plants in containers this spring. My question - what type of containers are best? I know that clay is better but I’m afraid the pots may crack over the winter. I’m in zone 6B near Harrisburg PA. The plants will be in full sun. Any suggestions or experience with blueberries in containers would be helpful. Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I raised them for a few years in containers that I got buying trees. I think they were about 25 gallon containers. I filled them with top soil and compost. They did very good for years but finally the Florida sun made them brittle and they disintegrated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Silent - Do you know how long the containers lasted? Mine will be in the sun but protected by wood boxes.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
About 6 to 8 years is not bad. There are black round heavy duty pot for bamboos which can last quite a while. I remember someone using huge blue pot for bamboos which can be used for blueberries. I have sunk mine to my border so most of the pots are in the soil.

Ask a Question