Garden dinner/dessert ideas with peas, arugula, swiss chard, radish & blueberries (photos)

Reaction score
Cobbler made with blueberries from garden

Quesadillas with Arugula from the garden

Stir fry noodles with garden peas

Fried Swiss Chard and Peas from the garden

Fried Swiss Chard & sliced radishes from the garden

-Cassie K, veganslivingofftheland.blogspot.com
Links to recipes and photos:
1. Garden harvest dinner photos of Swiss Chard greens & Radish
2. Garden harvest dinner with garden peas and swiss chard

Peas, blueberries, Swiss Chard, & lettuce garden harvest + Garden Pea stir fry dinner idea
Garden dinner with Arugula & COBBLER with garden BLUEBERRIES!

Reaction score

With the lettuce and onions from the garden, I made a salad with (store bought) tomatoes and avocado and mixed the salad then put it in a tortilla wrap to make a "salad wrap".

With the potatoes from the garden, I fried these with some green beans (store bought) and ate that with some fried corn (store bought.)

potato harvest from one grow bag

-Cassie K

Reaction score
Last night I fried zucchini and crookneck squash for dinner that I harvested from the garden. I sliced the squashes and fried with a little oil, water, salt and pepper and served that over some rice.

the top left squashes were fused together

I harvested beets from the garden as well...Now I'm going to figure out what to do with beets.

Reaction score
What I did with the beets...

pickled beets with distilled vinegar, beet juice, pickling salt, garlic powder, sugar, & black pepper

I have already been eating lots of fried zucchini and crookneck squash from the garden served with some rice. So now I want to try different recipes with the zucchini and crookneck squash from the garden, and I'll let you you know what I whip up!

zucchini, crookneck squash & cucumber

-Cassie K
original post @ Harvested zucchini, crookneck squash, cucumber & Beets + Pickled beets

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lot of cucumbers from the concervatory and chillies. I do a cucumber and chilli chutney. Or if you don't like chilli, could have sweet peppers instead.
IMG_20170711_101047.jpg

Reaction score
Preserving tomatoes in olive oil + how I am using the garden food

As you know, I have made pizza, spaghetti, salads, stir fries, and smoothies with the garden fruits and vegetables. If you looked at yesterday's post, I have a picture of the buttercup squash I ate from the garden. I broiled the squash and ate with vegan vanilla ice cream. You can look at my previous posts this summer to see some of the dinners I have had with the garden food. I have been boiling potatoes and eating with slices of tomato and cucumber, as well. I encourage you to experiment with your garden foods!

I have been pickling cucumbers, freezing berries, zucchini and crookneck slices to preserve the fruits that I can't eat immediately. I have also been dehydrating some of the vegetables. I made crookneck squash chips by dehydrating slices and then packing them in jars when they cool.

Additionally, I dehydrated cherry tomatoes for over 12 hours. After they cooled, I packed them in mason jars. When I finally bought extra virgin olive oil, I wanted to preserve the tomatoes in the olive oil. To pack the tomatoes in oil, first re-hydrate them in boiling water and let them soak. I added Italian seasonings with the tomatoes. Then drain the tomatoes and put in jars, covering them with virgin olive oil.

Ask a Question