Help with Blueberries

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ugh.....I planted 3 blueberry bushes in May I believe and have been trying to get them to take and been having issues.

My soil is pure clay and I dug about 1 foot down or so and about 3 to 4 foot wide for each plant and removed the clay. I put down peat moss, manure and soil. Was mainly peat moss. After planting, I put pine needles across the area around them.

The PH was 7 and I have it down to about 6 I believe and just put down more sulfur a few days ago and just put down some fertilizer to try and help them. But they just keep dying.

Any ideas on what my issue may be and how I can get them healthy again? I know PH is still an issue.

Attaching some pics of my setup with the products I have been using and closeups of the bush's.

IMG_2049.jpegScreen Shot 2018-07-09 at 2.38.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-09 at 2.31.04 PM.pngIMG_2101.jpegIMG_2102.jpegIMG_2100.jpeg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 229
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ugh.....I planted 3 blueberry bushes in May I believe and have been trying to get them to take and been having issues.

My soil is pure clay and I dug about 1 foot down or so and about 3 to 4 foot wide for each plant and removed the clay. I put down peat moss, manure and soil. Was mainly peat moss. After planting, I put pine needles across the area around them.

The PH was 7 and I have it down to about 6 I believe and just put down more sulfur a few days ago and just put down some fertilizer to try and help them. But they just keep dying.

Any ideas on what my issue may be and how I can get them healthy again? I know PH is still an issue.

Attaching some pics of my setup with the products I have been using and closeups of the bush's.

View attachment 40460View attachment 40461View attachment 40462View attachment 40463View attachment 40464View attachment 40465
from the pictures it is not a Ph issue. Your plant has a fungus, probably septoria. The following link may be of help.
http://articles.extension.org/pages/29377/blueberry-diseases

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any recommendations on what product to use to kill Septoria and Anthracnose. Or are they too far gone? Looking online I don't see any clear answers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Any recommendations on what product to use to kill Septoria and Anthracnose. Or are they too far gone? Looking online I don't see any clear answers.
If you can find a product named Bravo 500 I would try it but it is a high performance chemical. Other than that try any copper based fungicide or Daconil

Reaction score
Country
United States
I rushed to Lowes and purchased this stuff before they closed and sprayed them down. Fungicide I had Daconil in my hand. Didn't have time to read them all. Was looking at it because it was concentrate and probably cheaper in the end. That Bonide Copper Fungicide listed both Septoria and Anthracnose so I got it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any recommendations on what to do with that one that looks like it is pretty much dead? Should I prune it down to nothing or just let it go? Or what?

Ask a Question