Harvesting blueberries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a blueberry bush in my garden. It has ripened blueberries on it. Are they good to eat at this time of year? If not then when should they be harvested?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
When they are dark blue they are ready to eat. Try a couple and see if they have the sweet/tart taste you want. If not wait a couple of days. The trouble I had with mine was they were so good they never made it into the house. :whistle:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Haha. Hope mine taste as good. I just wondered if they might have been affected by the recent cold spell

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When they are dark blue they are ready to eat. Try a couple and see if they have the sweet/tart taste you want. If not wait a couple of days. The trouble I had with mine was they were so good they never made it into the house. :whistle:

You need netting. At the end of the growing season, we can usually get them at 10p. Here in RHS flagship gardens, they even caged some of the berries and cherries.

upload_2018-3-11_9-6-11.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Are You sure Your Looking at Blueberrys?.............Just asking as there normal Harvest time in the UK is from June to August. Would Not want you eating Something Poisonous:sick:

Ask a Question