Blooms at last

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was about to give up on having blooms before the heat set in. My Peony tree, horse radish and Rhododendron, now every thing else should start to bloom. There a bee in the Rhododendron that made my day to see there are still a few bees around.(y)

peony tree 001.JPG peony tree 004.JPG

peony tree 007.JPG

peony tree 008.JPG peony tree 009.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice! My rhododendron is the first thing to flower every year, it's all done now, the last flower just dropped off. Must be a different variety than yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nice! My rhododendron is the first thing to flower every year, it's all done now, the last flower just dropped off. Must be a different variety than yours.
Mine should have bloomed all ready, they are some of the first to bloom, but it seems that every thing is show this year because of the cold weather.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Beautiful! Those peonies are huge! :)
Their smaller than the last few years on reaching 7 / 8 inches this year, they should be all most 10 /12 inches wide. I still have 2 more peonies trees to bloom yet so I hope they do well.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Fernsdaddy Lovely peony. My neighbour has one and he trimmed it - Sad. They were usually smothered with flowers and very big and double too. Wish I had one like that. I had one for 4 years, No a sausage .. I must give it a proper talk to!

Lovely Rhodo as well! Well, the bee agrees.. Mine had its last flower 2 days ago.

Worth waiting for .. Don't you thnk?!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Their smaller than the last few years on reaching 7 / 8 inches this year, they should be all most 10 /12 inches wide. I still have 2 more peonies trees to bloom yet so I hope they do well.

And I am so jealous ... Love tree peonies. This one is something called inter??? I think yours is the same as my neighbours. They are not hard stems like my Lutea Ludowdii. soft and drifting and understated with elegance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
And I am so jealous ... Love tree peonies. This one is something called inter??? I think yours is the same as my neighbours. They are not hard stems like my Lutea Ludowdii. soft and drifting and understated with elegance.
Mine are the wood tree type ( Paeonia suffrulicosal ) I like the looks of the low bush so I keep the low, IntersectionaL peony is a cross between a tree peony and a herbaceous peony . I've had no luck with them so I stick to what I know will grow for me. With any luck I will have more peony bloom from my herbaceous peony ( regular )in about 2 weeks if the weather ever stays warn enough' I have over 50 peonies in the yard and looking for that special one, I'll know it when I see it.
I'm jealous now I just looked up your peony and I want one :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Fernsdaddy Lovely peony. My neighbour has one and he trimmed it - Sad. They were usually smothered with flowers and very big and double too. Wish I had one like that. I had one for 4 years, No a sausage .. I must give it a proper talk to!

Lovely Rhodo as well! Well, the bee agrees.. Mine had its last flower 2 days ago.

Worth waiting for .. Don't you thnk?!

I think any time you wait for them to bloom is worth it, the only time I trim mine is when there is any broken or death branches on it or I can't get passed it to another flower bed.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy uploaded a pic of a peony rockii and it's so beautiful. I bought seeds again and again and they died on me likewise. I googled after seeing the photo. They are quite dear! 50 peonies. I bought seeds from China and the process of warm, cold, warm is doing my head in, so a few days ago, I chucked them onto a moist warm shady area and let mother nature give me a helping hand. Would love to see your 50 peonies.. @Fernsdaddy

Ask a Question