Best ways to use up abundant produce

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those look fantastic, thanks for sharing. Looks as though they would be healthy and delicious. I am always looking for ways to add healthier food to my family's diet.

Reaction score
I love zucchini bread, cake and brownies. Unfortunately, I am one of the few people in this world who cannot grow zucchini or yellow squash. The plants get big and beautiful, it will bloom,,, but no zucinnis or yellow squashes. I tried several years in a row in different locations and no luck. So now I have to depend on our local farmers market where thankfully it is rather inexpensive and always abundant.

Reaction score
I love to sautee zucchini with garlic. My son eats it up! He even likes raw zucchini. We use extra vegetables in salads, raw with ranch or Italian dressing for dipping. We are just huge vegetable eaters in our house. We cook them in soup, spaghetti sauce, sautee them and eat them raw.

Reaction score
But you could make a profit ou of Zucchini. Why don't you sell the extra output to your neighbors. I am pretty sure that if you start with one of them and let them know they are grown organically, they will buy it in an instant and after the whole neighborhood finds out, you will be making money out of an activity you enjoy doing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The zucchini brownies are excellent I reccomend then 100%.
What do you do with tons of tomatoes that are about to spoil?
I would die for tons of tomatoes that were about to spoil! I would make a huge batch of spaghetti sauce and either freeze or can it. I would also make up some salsa, save money at the grocery store and it tastes so much better when you know you've made it yourself.

Ask a Question