Beautiful!

Is it possible to choose ONLY ONE of my Beautiful garden photos that you simply LOVE?

• Total voters
Reaction score
17143540c96f065dac70752aa278fbfcdfcea053.jpg
171435380c91b04e500b002a41a2286cab4c68c9.jpg
171435393e4ff07a3e4bbbafb90514d77e781bc5.jpg

17143541ebfa4f249dddfd73516e38cda11db8e5.jpg

copyright 2013 SproutSprite

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These pictures are wonderful, they're so colorful:D I voted for the picture of the butterfly because I love them, they look like flowers but they are able to fly, it's so romantic:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I chose the single white blossom because of its simple beauty, but I also like the image of the butterfly, what a great shot!

Reaction score
The single white blossom has my vote! I love the simplicity of it. Sometimes less is more, especially in this case.

Reaction score
The single white blossom has my vote! I love the simplicity of it. Sometimes less is more, especially in this case.
Unlike the other three choices, I photographed it inside. The light was not quite right so it ended up with a bad overcast. I almost deleted it!

It is the most unique of all the choices. It sticks out like a sore (but green) thumb!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This single white blossom is lilac? I love lilac flowers, their scent is so beautiful!:)

Reaction score
This single white blossom is lilac? I love lilac flowers, their scent is so beautiful!:)
Good question claudine!
I am really not sure what this one is. I can tell you that it was sent to me as a 'freebie' from a flower company that I ordered from about eight years ago. It is fragrant but, not as fragrant as a lilac. Also, It produces roundish clumps of blooms instead of spiky clumps. It is great for use in dried arrangements.
I wish I had a photo of the entire bush in bloom. Someone on the site could easily identify it for me.

Reaction score
The single white bloom looks similar to a plumeria to me. I have two of these plants that I am growing from Hawaii. The stem is a bit different but could be in the family.

images

Reaction score
After searching around the Internet and looking at photos; I think it must be a
hydrangea. I found many photos of dried hydrangea heads that look exactly like mine.
The plumeria is lovely, Tmann! I have never had the pleasure of owning one.

Reaction score
Sprout I bought mine in Hawaii 6 years ago for about $5 for a piece of stem. They sell the stems and the one end has wax on it to keep the end fresh. Then once you get it home just stick it in some potting soil and water, after the first year you will start to get some blooms. I put mine outside during the spring and summer and bring back in during the fall and winter. They are doing quite well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Tmann, plumerias look so beautiful!

I also love hydrangeas, when I was a child, my parents grew them in their garden, I remember they looked like flowers from a fairy tale:D . I like white ones the most but blue ones look interesting too:

blue-hydrangea1.jpg

Reaction score
Now I am confused all over again because my little blossom does not have that many petals. It dries like a hydrangea flower head and has that roundish clump of flowers though. :mad: I will have to wait till summer to get a photo to post!

Reaction score
Sprout I bought mine in Hawaii 6 years ago for about $5 for a piece of stem. They sell the stems and the one end has wax on it to keep the end fresh. Then once you get it home just stick it in some potting soil and water, after the first year you will start to get some blooms. I put mine outside during the spring and summer and bring back in during the fall and winter. They are doing quite well.
Very interesting. That sounds like a fun way to start a flower! I remember my late Grandmother starting some plants that way.

I still have not put that single white blossom question to rest. I was sure it was a hydrangea yesterday. Do you see that little spur sticking off the back of the blossom? Does a hydrangea blossom have one of those?

Ask a Question