Basil Plant Yellowing - Would appreciate some advice!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to gardening and I recently planted a basil plant that has been experiencing some yellowing, within a few days after transplanting. The inner buds/axillary bud looks healthy, but many of the larger outer leaves are yellowing.

I live in Phoenix, so maybe the transplant to full sun immediately could have caused this, but I am unsure if this would be a sign for that. I recently put up a shade cloth structure that covers the harder part of the day. I just wanted to check and see if anyone else has had this type of issue, and if it something that needs additional treatment.

Thanks!

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Bobby. I had a similar basil issue this year. My research told me likely causes are: too much water, too little sun, too little fertilizer. Possible it was too much water, following a rainy spell, but I think it was nutrients. I added a small amount of balanced fertilizer, and the plant seems to be rebounding.

Ask a Question