Basil Plant Yellowing - Would appreciate some advice!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and fairly new to gardening and I recently planted a basil plant that has been experiencing some yellowing, within a few days after transplanting. The inner buds/axillary bud looks healthy, but many of the larger outer leaves are yellowing.

I live in Phoenix, so maybe the transplant to full sun immediately could have caused this, but I am unsure if this would be a sign for that. I recently put up a shade cloth structure that covers the harder part of the day. I just wanted to check and see if anyone else has had this type of issue, and if it something that needs additional treatment.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210423_160027.jpg
    20210423_160027.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20210423_160015.jpg
    20210423_160015.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Bobby. I had a similar basil issue this year. My research told me likely causes are: too much water, too little sun, too little fertilizer. Possible it was too much water, following a rainy spell, but I think it was nutrients. I added a small amount of balanced fertilizer, and the plant seems to be rebounding.

Ask a Question