Basil seeds

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
I had great success with some basil seeds that were much larger than usual. They were silvery green and shiny but I cannot remember what they were called. Has anyone come across these and know the name?

RemarkableRoots

www.remarkablerootsonline.com
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had great success with some basil seeds that were much larger than usual. They were silvery green and shiny but I cannot remember what they were called. Has anyone come across these and know the name?

Hi Manic, Not sure what they could have been but we currently have 7 types of basil plants available on our site with 20+ additional varietes on the way, take a look and see if any of them look or sound familiar! Let me know if you think of any more information and I'll run it by our greenhouse manager and see if he might have an idea!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't, but I too have had great luck growing basil by seed. I didn't go to any special store to buy the seeds. Just a local hardware store. Maybe basil seeds aren't very fussy in general and are easy to grow?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I grew a little basil plant indoors and made an amazing lasagna with it last night! It's way to cold outside to grow anything right now in the Pacific Northwest. I wish I had a greenhouse!

Ask a Question