Help identifying cause and cure for yellow-brown patches on leaves of Holy Basil plant

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, and hoping to get some help diagnosing my plant problems. I live in Dubai, UAE and I have a Holy Basil (Tulsi) plant (grown in a pot). Recently I've started noticing some yellow patches on the leaves which turn brown over the course of few days. Below are the pictures of the front and backside of one such leaf.

Tulsi leaf yellow patches 1 - leaf front.jpeg
Tulsi leaf yellow patches 1 - leaf backside.jpeg

The below are pictures of leaves that have also started turning brown.
Tulsi leaf yellow patches (3).jpeg
Tulsi leaf yellow patches (2).jpeg

I was considering possible problems like yellowing of leaves due to over-watering, or some search on Google, suggested it might possibly be initial stages of Downy mildew, but the lack of angular patterns like that of Downy mildew patches, makes me doubt that.

Hence it would be great if I could get some help identifying what the problem is and possible cure for the same. And for the cure, it would be great if it's something that I can make at home rather than a chemical or store bought pesticide, as I have always used only home-made remedies on my plants so far.

Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question