What's happening with my basil plants?

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Here's how my normal basil looks like..
LmRIC8B.jpg

Here's how my other basil plants look like. I am pretty sure they are the same seeds but these looks wilty and yellowish compared to the other ones. Also the aroma isn't as strong compared to the healthier looking ones.
WQizCvo.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are many different species of basil, I think you are comparing two different species in those photos, so do not expect them to look the same. I fell into this last year when, on the spur of the moment, I bought a few basil plants at a roadside vendor. While they tasted like basil, and worked well in Italian foods, the plant itself grew up to look almost completely different than any basil plant I had ever seen before to the point where I would have to smell the leaves to even be sure it was still basil.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have you tried adding some coffee grounds? Maybe they need a little more fertilizer. Your basil looks great in the first photo. How did you get them to flourish like that?

Ask a Question