Avocado Tree Dying?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought my avocado tree was doing well until last week...the tips started to turn black, i cut them back but it has continued....the tree had nice leaves that turned brownish and then fell off, i was worried but then saw new baby leaves starting to show, but now the black tips have me worried again. the plant is potted in a large container with good drainage. The last two weeks i have deeply watered all my plants 3 times a week as temps have reached and exceeded 100. the plant has always been under a covered patio so not really getting a lot of direct sunlight as to burn it. please please tell me its not a goner lol.

Attachments

• IMG_8129.JPG
    IMG_8129.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_5939.JPG
    IMG_5939.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 239
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks to me like watering too often. If it were me I would repot with fresh growing medium. I am afraid it may have root rot. Soak the plant about 1 time a week. Avacados like slightly damp soil, not wet.

Reaction score
I would take it out of that pot ,it is too big,for such a small plant,needs potting down .

To water 3 times a week is just too much,that is the other problem.

So pot down ,less water,when it shows signs of growth again, move on.

Ask a Question