Dying Avocado Tree

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello - please help me if you can. This fuerte avocado tree was planted about 4 weeks ago and immediately started dying. I've been watering it every couple of days - the soil is moist and it gets sun most of the day. I'm not sure what's wrong and I really want to keep it alive!

Attachments

• IMG_2679.JPG
    IMG_2679.JPG
    373.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 330
Reaction score
Did you buy that from a garden centre or similar?

It has had it,you could dig it up and take it back,but that looks terminal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It isn't dead yet, but real close. All of those blackened leaves looks like waaaay to much water waaaay too often. Don't pull it up until the main trunk is brown. It might resprout from the trunk.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Too much moisture and potentially poorly draining soil. The other thing would be placement looks like water could actually stagnate in the area as opposed to draining away... Quickly

Profile does not suggested your location. Nor do you suggest what type of avocado your dealing with,

Avocados are one of the most temperamental plants I've ever tried to grow (along wih Manzanita). I've tried more than once (with no success) and I'm in an area that typically is quite compatible for growing them.

Sorry, not looking good :(

Ask a Question