Avocado Help!!

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
So I've been trying to grow avocado plants for a while now, the leaves always seem to curl up and fall. I even changed it to rain water but nothing seems to be working. The answers online are all contradicting each other like "Too much fertiliser" and "lacking nutrient" or "Overwatered" and "Underwatered". Like am I supposed to water it more or less? I'm not sure what the problem is so if anyone knows please help!!

Attachments

• 16539065656161829920162053775814.jpg
    16539065656161829920162053775814.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Avacados are tropical plants. They require, at a minimum, 6 hours per day of direct sunlight. Indoors is not a good place to grow them unless in a greenhouse or something similar. Your plant is what is called "leggy", meaning it is growing abnormally tall trying to reach more light. It will never grow successfully with normal indoor lighting. It must have adequate additional lighting such a Grow Lights. They also need warmth. A temperature of about 25C is about perfect. Humidity is also important. Humidity of about 55% is perfect. Misting the plant 2 or 3 times per day will be of great benefit. It also appears that your plant is staying a little too moist but lighting is the main problem now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Light, light, and more light! To raise the humidity you need a humidifier. Misting and “humidity trays” are not sufficient to raise the humidity enough for an Avocado. Chuck is right about greenhouse conditions being needed for healthy growth.

Ask a Question