Avocado tree help :(

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello, I fear that my homegrown avocado tree is dying, it’s got some browning on the leaves and doesn’t seem to recover. I’m also wondering why it only has leaves on the top and no stems on the sides. I don’t know if i could maybe cut the stem off and have it regrow? Please help! 6C07C92E-73D8-4412-94DC-0B01FF4CCABF.jpeg06E5807D-A10C-41E9-ACCD-3D37BDE3A9D7.jpeg
6C07C92E-73D8-4412-94DC-0B01FF4CCABF.jpeg
06E5807D-A10C-41E9-ACCD-3D37BDE3A9D7.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
We've had 5 avocado trees so far, and so far all have eventually died, usually at about the stage you are at. The one we had the most luck with got a lot bigger, then we put it out on the porch and it died (they do not like the sun). They seem to prefer indirect sun and the water needs to be just right all the time. I can tell you right off that your pot is too small and the plant is not going to grow any more in that pot. Get a massive pot if you plan to keep it in a pot and not plant it outside. The brown on any potted plant is usually from salt build up in the soil. You have to at least monthly take it to the bathtub and run enough water through them that the water pours out the bottom. Just pouring into a drip tray that it sucks back up doesn't flush the salt build up out, take it to the tub or sink and let water run totally through it and down the drain. This video covers the basics, that being said, I know all this and mine still die. :unsure:

Ask a Question