Areca palm problems

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hi,

This is a new plant for our office, it's maybe 3-4 weeks since we got it. Initially I thought it's over-watering because the tip of leaves went brown. However, I didn't water for maybe 10 days, but the situation only got worse. The earth seems dry enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2673.JPG
    IMG_2673.JPG
    187.5 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_2674.JPG
    IMG_2674.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 414
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I would guess it is a lack of sunlight. It is really hard to hurt those plants. It will come back so don't worry too much. This is a tree that is meant to live outdoors so you have to create an environment that is close to that. Move it by a window so it can get plenty of sunshine. The damaged frons won't come back so you are probably going to have to do some trimming. The more you trim, the better it will look in the future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

How much light does it get and how often were you watering it before you stopped?

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Lack of light sounds probable... I don't think it gets a lot of light, it's somewhat in the middle of the room and the office isn't very bright. I'll try moving it closer to the window. I was reading that these plants are not very demanding, so I was hoping light won't be a big issue.

I watered it maybe once a week, for 2 weeks before stopping.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi,

This is a new plant for our office, it's maybe 3-4 weeks since we got it. Initially I thought it's over-watering because the tip of leaves went brown. However, I didn't water for maybe 10 days, but the situation only got worse. The earth seems dry enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HI , I am facing a similar issue with my Areca Palm. Were u able to identify & resolve the issue with yours? Pls do let me know if you have any tips .

Ask a Question