Problem with our Areca Palm.

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone,
We bought an areca palm about 6 months ago and we really like it. We water it every 4-5 days and keep the soil moist. We also add half a cup of green plant fertilizer (w/potassium and iron) every now and then.

The plant is in the corner of our living room which gets a nice sunlight in the morning. The air might be considered dry here where i live.

Anyways,
For the last few weeks our plant seems to be infested with a bug of some sort and now its loosing its glow. Maybe its the here bugs, maybe its something plus these bugs but here are some pictures.

Can anyone push us in the right direction so we can get our old healthy and glowing plant back?

Here are some photos:

IMG_4135.JPG IMG_4136.JPG IMG_4137.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Hello and welcome!

I saw badly, because there is not enough increase for me, I see white dots. Therefore, I will clarify.
Is it like flying insects? Perhaps a whitefly. I think @Chuck will help determine..

I do not know the name of the means that you can buy in your country. I'm assuming that you get advice in your store for plants.
Here I have an effective means for spraying once a week. Usually, for 3 - 4 weeks (taking into account the impact on the eggs and larvae) the whitefly disappears.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
AS @Larisa stated, whitefly. And that looks to be a fairly severe infestation. If it were me I would start a spray regimen of Neem Oil every 5-7 days for 3 or 4 weeks. Spray both sides of the leaves, trunk and stems. Safers Insecticidal Soap or dishing soap is also effective but Neem works best for me. Regular insectcides are not effective against them. Spray all of your plants in the house too.

Ask a Question