Anyone sprouting beans or seeds to eat straight away?

Reaction score
My boyfriend loves blue cheese, he always encourages me to try it, but I'm not brave enough to do it. All moldy cheeses seems kind of disgusting to me:eek:
I sometimes eat sprouts with quark (in Poland, we call it white cheese, I'm not sure why:p). With a few fresh radishes, it makes a perfect breakfast.

LOL, I know what you mean! I tried some blue cheese when I was in the Netherlands, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't good either. I cold taste the mold :LOL::sick: Yummy! I will look quark up, I'm sure I will be able to find it in the Netherlands. Lately I'm having a hard time planning what I will have for breakfast.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
LOL, I know what you mean! I tried some blue cheese when I was in the Netherlands, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't good either. I cold taste the mold :LOL::sick: Yummy! I will look quark up, I'm sure I will be able to find it in the Netherlands. Lately I'm having a hard time planning what I will have for breakfast.
Quark is yummy and healthy:)
As for blue cheese, I know that many people find it delicious and it seems like a very sophisticated food, but I really can't force myself to try it, lol:LOL: Also, I worry that eating mold can be dangerous.

Reaction score
II found this picture when searching for ''Quark'':

quark.jpg

Now that I think about it... I do think I have tried quark, it was in the Netherlands, but it was vanilla flavored :) If I recall right its consistency is a lot like the one of the Greek yoghurt. It was ok, we had it as a dessert. I'm guessing the one you are talking about is the plain one :) I might give it a try with my sprouts... maybe make my own dressing? :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never heard of vanilla flavored quark. I'm not sure if it's the same thing;) When I hear "quark", I think of this:

rewelacyjny-ser-bialy-z-czosnkiem.jpg

It's a little wet and soft, but it's not a fluid. Its consistency doesn't remind me of a yogurt. You can slice it.
twarog2.jpg

Reaction score
Ahhh, then it definitely isn't the same quark, lol. I know what you mean, by the way, we have the exact same thing in my country, it's named ''requeson''. I like to eat it with crackers and on bread :) I never thought of eating it with sprouts, but I might actually try it! It's so light!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I sometimes eat it on bread too:) But in my opinion it tastes the best with sprouts and radishes. You can add cream to it, too. Eating it feels like spring to me:) I really, really like it.

Reaction score
Yummy! I might give it a try! Over here we sometimes add some chili, onion, tomato, cilantro, salt and a bit olive oil to eat and eat it with crackers, tostadas or nachos! Perfect and most healthy snack I've tried in a really long time!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds quite delicious! I've never had a snack like this, so I need more information:) Do you eat these tomatoes and onions raw? Or do you cook them? Should I just mix these ingredients? And what are tostadas?:)

Reaction score
Raw :) I just finely chop everything: tomato, cilantro, onion and green chili. Over here we love chili, but if you don't like it, you can just skip it. We love to snack this way... it's so healthy and tasty. You can also add some salt to this mix as well. We usually don't do that, but if you want it to have more taste, then do it :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Raw :) I just finely chop everything: tomato, cilantro, onion and green chili. Over here we love chili, but if you don't like it, you can just skip it. We love to snack this way... it's so healthy and tasty. You can also add some salt to this mix as well. We usually don't do that, but if you want it to have more taste, then do it :)
Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'll definitely give it a try. It really sounds like a healthy snack:) I think I'll skip chili, because I don't like when my food is too spicy. Maybe I'll add some radish sprouts instead:)
I've just eaten all my mung bean sprouts. I need to grow more of them!

Reaction score
I really like sunflower sprouts. I did not start the sprouts myself but I purchased a bag from Whole foods. They were really good and reminded me of sunflower seeds. I think I may try some radish or pea sprouts I bet those are good too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I really like sunflower sprouts. I did not start the sprouts myself but I purchased a bag from Whole foods. They were really good and reminded me of sunflower seeds. I think I may try some radish or pea sprouts I bet those are good too.
I was told that sprouting sunflower seeds is very difficult. My mother tried to do it more than once, but unfortunately, every time they molded. I'm wondering if my boyfriend will be luckier. I bought him many different seeds as a birthday gift, sunflower seeds too:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never thought about growing my own sprouts, this is just something I typically buy in a store. I may have to try this one day as it looks easy enough to do. How do you know when your sprouts are ready to be harvested?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have never thought about growing my own sprouts, this is just something I typically buy in a store. I may have to try this one day as it looks easy enough to do. How do you know when your sprouts are ready to be harvested?
Usually, it takes a few days. Some seeds sprout very quickly, some need a little more time. Just observe them. When they start looking like store-bought sprouts, it will be the time to harvest them:)
Remember, don't wait too long, very big sprouts aren't tasty and it's hard to chew them.

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'll definitely give it a try. It really sounds like a healthy snack:) I think I'll skip chili, because I don't like when my food is too spicy. Maybe I'll add some radish sprouts instead:)
I've just eaten all my mung bean sprouts. I need to grow more of them!

You can substitute the chily with whatever you like :) You need to experiment and see what works best for you. I haven't tried this without chili, but I am sure it can be done.

Ask a Question